Photobucket

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Wall

She touches the walls with her bare hands,
She forgot how to feel still,
The wall feels cool,
She realizes how hot she has been.
Her eyes are closed,
She know what this looks like.
She sits quietly because nothing more needs to be said.
She waits patiently,
Leaning against the wall,
She laughs to herself when she feels her naval fly away.
She smiles to herself when she feels her chest leave as well.
Faces surround her asking where he mind is.
She seems miles away.
I shake her and she dreamily speaks of how funny time is.
I wonder what time it is in her head.
I wonder if she notices the time going by.
I wonder if she cares.
So many different directions of criticism are coming toward her
She keeps her head up.
I feel bad for her.
But I know we all wish we we’re where she is.
No matter how far away we pull her,
She still wants to just sit with the wall.
Just sit, and be calm.
And be happy.
She needs to get her thoughts together.
What a mess that girl is.
Or was? Perhaps?
I fear that wall will one day fall,
What then would she do.
She’s to blind to think about this.
This old wall…
I wish I could slap her in the face and say “wake up!”
But I know she would only become very sad.
But she is so confused.
What position she puts herself in.
What a silly girl.
I hope that wall keeps her steady.
I hope it keeps her safe.
I have so much fear for her,
I care for her,
I want to protect her.
But secretly, I envy her.
I remember it was not so long, when I sat there,
Right there.
As well.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment