Photobucket

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Green Apple

There you are, smirking at me-
like you know, like you see.
Like you can understand
anything besides a man.

Across the room in your fancy chair,
I move away you just-
stand there.
I feel as though you are undressing,
it's too much.
I am confessing.
But I'm intrigued and miss this game,
shooting stars could make me feel the same!
Recite the alphabet.
Retrace your name.
Remember the day we met?
Same, not the same.

Little kids laughing,
computer screens flashing.
It wasn't me, it's you.
It's just the things you do,
I fed it to you.
I fed it to you.

Now we're driving in your car.
It's just the way you are,
but I'm falling for you.
Let go for round two.
I'll get the scissors and glue,
you just do that thing you do.
Baby let's move.

Maybe it's because I've been drinking
All. The. Time.
Maybe it's that I don't believe in,
Butterflies.
Maybe it's that I'm too lazy,
maybe I'm too scared.
But either or it's not for me to pick and choose
you're not supposed to be prepared.

Which way do I turn?
What now should I do?
I knew exactly which direction I was spinning
Until the bottle landed on you.
Now where do I go?
When I'm gone you're always here.
Feel my heartbeat? Good.
Because I feel I may disappear.
Disappear.

Fireworks keep shooting,
and polluting my sky!
If i can't see up, then how on earth can I decided?
Why am I moving at all?
Will you catch you tongue?
You don't have anything yet!
Darling you're still young!
You have nothing!
You have nothing!

But hold on.
Hold on for him,
hold on for us.
Hold on, when everything's gone
you'll be the only sacrilegious.
Stand up for what you want,
what you believe in too.
Hell yeah, I'm an atheist,
God Bless You.

Magic moving, in a little box.
Looking to that day.
My moments taking place,
only time we'll waste.
Send me your hours,
send me an email
let's talk on the phone.
Living in stepping stones,
these last minutes-
this is my only home.

No comments:

Post a Comment