Photobucket

Monday, March 8, 2010

day 3 "the spider"

Yesterday I befriended a spider. It’s venom was impossible, which challenged me. It’s skin was like midnight, which intrigued me. And it’s heart was so mysterious, it mesmerized me. Luring me into it’s trap? No. For I had a trap of my own. But a different trap than you might expect, for my trap is not hidden in the darkness of the shadows, but publicly in the light. Maybe we can trap each other. My venom is not poison, but addictive, and I will not kill you, but I will keep you forever, and turn you into one of my own. So I fluttered my wings and flew around in the sun showing not the slightest bit of fear. It confused the spider, and was instantly as mesmerized as I. I was gentle, I moved slowly, but I never lost sight of what I wanted. The spider. To be mine. Forever. Why? I had so many others who belonged to me, all of which seemed meaningless now, for this one was different, it held a sort of amazement I couldn’t explain. And I’d like to believe the spider felt so to. And at that moment when the spider gave in, when the spider confessed it’s amazement with me as well, the universe shifted. Two opposing forces both with a sense of wonder, a sense of extreme curiosity, which ended in two completely enraptured powers captivated by one another sheerly because of the differences that made them so incredibly similar. A flame so fantastic it could burn past the retina and into the skulls of every human blinding them all but me and this spider, who were possibly the blind ones this whole time. Or the flame could be so gigantic that no person actually bears witness to it, for we are all living within that flame so we do not notice what is right in front of us, or rather surrounding us completely. In an instant we had set the world on fire, blinding all who resided in it, and in the next instant, the spider had spun a web and hurried away into the sunlight. For the heat of the flame was too intense, the amazement was too fantastic, and it was all a little bit… intimidating.
But my hunger still remains, I have felt that ecstasy if only for a moment it was a moment too long. Perhaps some of my own venom had penetrated one score too far and found it’s way into my internal functions and I myself have become addicted, addicted to the state of euphoria I had been introduced to. In retrospect, the only thing I regret, is not doing away with that spider when I had the chance. While it has opened new doors and allowed
me to see but not quite understand these new found sectors of godly elation, it has ruined me. Who would have thought that the one thing that was once my everything, could have turned me into nothing? Or rather who wouldn’t have thought that? So now I’ll just sit here in the shadows waiting for that flame to come and burn it all away…again.

No comments:

Post a Comment