Photobucket

Monday, March 8, 2010

So Basically...

I've been working on three projects, almost simultaneously. One of them is done. It's a book of 100 poems, which i will post on here. The book is called "Open to Interpretation" because all of my poems can be taken ore than one way, in fact possibly infinite interpretations as there is a slightly different one to each reader. Which is one of the things i love about poetry. There's no wrong answer, there's not right and wrong, it's just raw feeling, emotion, in rhythmic form. Beautiful.
Also i've been working on another book "Up to You" which has the same concept as the first one. The third project is called "fishbowl". And yes, it literally inculdes a fish bowl. I had a bunch of people write a three words on little slips of paper fold them up and put them in the fishbowl and periodically I would draw one out and use it either in a poem or for inspiration for one.
When I first started writing these, it was mostly just for fun. To keep me busy over a boring summer break. But writing these books has done so much more for me. I was constantly looking for inspiration, in anything. I was always thinking of how I could talk about something without actually saying it, or rewording what was trying to be said. I was finding metaphors and symbolism everywhere. It made me see the whole word through poetry. Everything I saw was an opportunity, and I heard the voice in everything. Suddenly leaves in a tree being blown around wasn’t wind to me anymore, it was the tree singing me it’s summer song. It made me so much more in touch with every emotion. These poems are thoughts of mine, views of mine, and basically served as a diary for an amount of time of my life. I speak through my own voice, as well as through the voice of others telling a different story. Each one of these poems is my baby.
I hope you enjoy them.(:

No comments:

Post a Comment