Photobucket

Sunday, April 18, 2010

day 4 "Aurora's Revolution"

Apple trees singing of redemption
Umbrellas falling from starving hands,
Running away just to hide my face in a storm,
Olive oil ferments, paint chips off the walls into the air I breath and I cant stop coughing,
Revolution written in blood on every door.
And all the while they tell us to smile.
Men show us the key before locking us up. That’s what we’re getting into I suppose?
Ants seem to understand the world more these days,
Yet I hide in coffins, seek the shelter of cages.
Cleanliness stops mattering when your clothes can’t be washed.
Optimism?
Muffled whispers lull me to sleep, I realize they’re always saying the same thing.
Maybe I’m just being silly.
Enough! Just wake up! Just grow up!
Racing thoughts shake my head, and cant stand up, I don’t want to.
Emptiness fills me up, its enough for me, it has to be.
Even when everything tells me no…

No comments:

Post a Comment